Friday, June 16, 2006

The Big 3-0

Well, I turned 30 on Sunday. And it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. It's not that I am afraid to grow older - I'm not, it's just that 30 is talked up so much that I thought I would somehow "feel" differently. Well it turns out I didn't wake up feeling any differently at all (not that I really thought I would). There was no sudden crop of grey hair on the top of my head (ha!). No sadness for times gone by. No giant parade down Fifth Avenue marking my transition from my beloved 20's (although the Puerto Rican Day Parade was on the same day -- but I don't think my people came out in droves for just me!). No drunken escapades to live up the last moments of youth like it was my 21st birthday.

It was only me, my daughter, and my husband...
















running to the park before the sun set ...














...to play with trucks.
















Who could ask for anything more??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

o so cute!!!!
i cant believe you're thirty i thought you were 25!!!!!
madeline

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!

What do you mean the Puerto Rican Day parade wasn't for you? It can't have just been coincidence that it occurred on your birthday!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club! 30 isn't so bad... Especially when you've got such a cute dauthger to help you celebrate! Thank you for updating the bolg. Grace is absolutely adorable! :)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home