Saturday, November 08, 2008

Aunt Julie & Hopscotch

Aunt Julie came to visit us in October. It was so good to see her!
















Grandma came, too. She decided to grab the chalk and play Grace's new favorite outdoor game, Hopscotch!















Only problem, apparently Grandma forgot the rules...















She didn't even draw the board the right way!!















Ugh!















I think we need to consult a higher authority. Here's Nanny providing some gaming consultation...















We eventually got the game on the right track and had a really great visit with Aunt Julie, Nanny and Grandma. Thanks for coming! And come back soon!!


















Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is kind of funny, because I've been there myself. When I started taking the kids to the "sandbox park" this summer, we noticed a huge expanse of pavement that was just right for drawing.

So we started bringing chalk along with us, and one time I drew a big hopscotch grid. I picked up a pebble for a marker, and then completely drew a blank. Was I supposed to start at the 1, and throw it down, pick it up, come back? Throw it random? Hit all the markers without falling?

Could not figure it out. We just made up our own version, which I'm sure is wrong anyway. But I guess it doesn't matter, Jeff probably doesn't want his son knowing how to play hopscotch anyway.

S

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home