Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Catching up with my daughter...

One of the best parts of this trip was all the special "girl time" I had with Grace. We certainly missed Brandon and almost didn't make the trip because he wasn't able to join us, but in the end I was glad we went because I really got to focus all of my attention on Grace. Sure, I am home with her now and with her "all day" but I am also juggling the house and a host of other distractions that make it hard to give her 100% of the attention for the better part of the day. Our NY trip allowed me to really do that - no house to clean, no bills to keep up with, no meals to prepare. Just us. And speaking of meals, one of the best times we had "catching up" was sharing meals at some of our old jaunts. Here we are at Bouley Bakery sharing a pear and chocolate croissant (yum!)...



And here we are at the Soda Shop where Grace is perfecting her cup drinking skills...


Cheers!



That mother-daughter quality time always reminds me what an amazing kid I've got the pleasure to spend my time with. She really did "cheers" me with her water glass, tell me about all the rides she loved at Central Park and how she preferred to ride the subway rather than take a taxi. She ordered her own food from the waitress and even shared some of her turkey bacon with a tiny German tourist.

Thanks for being such a great travel companion, Grace!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How SWEET!

I hope you alls trip was a great get-away. We miss you PERKINS! HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE SUMMER!

Lydia

6:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

too cute!

Cheers Grace, and Kristen. It was great seeing you guys again.

8:29 PM  
Blogger loving parents said...

Strange way to contact you, but I don't have your email address or new phone numbers and there might just be a trip to Mickey (and more importantly, the Perkins) in our future. Please email me (same email address) and I will fill you in.
BTW - Grace seems like such an amazing child - and soooo adorable!

Justine

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home